On Our Minds
Each month during On Our Minds, PRMS risk managers keep our clients in-the-know with a discussion on topics of interest from the prior month, such as risk alerts, educational articles to check out, new risk management publications and important issues that may impact your practice.
Click the links below to find recordings of each session as well as all referenced resources!
This month's topics include:
- In the News – Illegal sale of CBD products, Misuse of social media, Defective EHR systems, and HIPAA
- Interesting Journal Articles – Post-partum depression, Psychiatry’s obligation to treat and mitigate age-related disorders, Association of oral contraceptives with depressive symptoms in adolescents
- Homily – Clinic Employment
- Top issues from 2019 – FDA approval of Esketamine, Ethical aspects of medical marijuana, Release of records to life insurance companies, Suicide, Opioid crisis, Guns and violence, Telepsychiatry, Weaponization of Yelp
- 2020 Risk Management Resolutions
- And more!
Professional Risk Management Services® ( “PRMS®”) provides the information contained in PRMS U for general use and information. Information provided is intended to improve clarity on issues regarding psychiatry services and insurance coverage, and related issues regarding those services. This information is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be current, complete, or up-to-date. PRMS is neither a law firm nor a provider of professional medical services, and the materials on this website do not constitute legal, medical, or regulatory advice. You should not act or rely on any legal or medical information in this website without first seeking the advice of an attorney, physician, or other appropriate professional. PRMS, The Psychiatrists' Program and the PRMS Owl are registered Trademarks of Transatlantic Holdings, Inc, a parent company of Fair American Insurance and Reinsurance Company (FAIRCO).